Well WP-IRC Plugin (for lack of a better name 😉 ) can fetch the number of users online in any IRC channel and can be scheduled to auto refresh it every x.minutes. The count thus fetched can be displayed in the sidebar of your blog using a sidebar widget provided by the Plugin.
More details about the Plugin can be found at the Plugins Home page.
The pot file is available with the Plugin. If you are willing to do translation for the Plugin, use the pot file to create the .po files for your language and let me know. I will add it to the Plugin after giving credit to you.
Development and Support
If you are not familiar with either git or Github then refer to this guide to see how fork and send pull request.
- Create a settings page where people can test connection
- Add support for shortcode
- Add support for alerts
I would be posting updates about this Plugin in my blog and in Twitter. If you want to be informed when new version of this Plugin is released, then you can either subscribe to this blog’s RSS feed or follow me in Twitter.
This Readme file was generated using wp-readme, which generates readme files for WordPress Plugins.
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
After activation, go to the widgets configuration page. You should find the IRC Widget under available widget.
Nu există nicio verificare pentru acest modul.
Contributori și dezvoltatori
„WP IRC” este un software open-source. La acest modul au contribuit următoarele persoane.Contributori
v1.2.1 (2014-02-05) (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Tweak: Update Screenshots
- Tweak: Add ‘#’ in front of channel if it is not present
v1.2 (2013-02-21) (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Check if users is an array to prevent PHP warning
v1.1 (2013-02-17) (by Paul Freund)
- Improved IRC connection (including implementing RFC2812 specifications)
- [users] tag prints online users
- Verbose mode to join channel (to see invisible users),
- Password now works
v1.0 (2013-01-21) (Dev time: 20 hours)
- Complete rewrite and added support for AJAX with caching
- Fixed issue with textarea in the widget
- Initial Version