Display Facebook posts on your WordPress site. Completely customizable, responsive, search engine crawlable, and GDPR compliant Facebook feeds. Display unlimited Facebook feeds from your Facebook page or Facebook Group, and completely match the look and feel of your site with tons of customization options! Automatically powers any Facebook oEmbeds on your site.
„The perfect Facebook plugin with amazing support! What else do you want? Get it!” – JoeJeffries
„I honestly cannot recommend this Facebook plugin enough. The plugin itself is gorgeous and super customizable, and if you run into trouble…support will get you out of it. Five Stars across the board.” – pamsavoybarnett
Please note: This free Facebook plugin allows you to display text and links from Facebook posts. To display photos, videos, comments, and more, we offer a Pro version of the plugin. See the Pro Version section below for more information.
Facebook Feed Features
NEW: Now Supports oEmbeds
With WordPress removing support for Facebook and Instagram oEmbeds, the plugin will now automatically power these embeds on your site preventing them from breaking. No developer app required.
Super Simple to Set Up
One of our main priorities has always been to make our plugin as easy as possible to setup and use. Get up and running in less less than 1 minute with our signature quick setup – no Facebook Developer App required.
Display Feeds from Your Facebook Page or Group
Use the plugin to display feeds from a Facebook page or Facebook group that you are an admin of.
By default the Facebook feed will adopt the styles of your WordPress theme, but your feeds can be completely customized to look however you like using our visual feed customizer – with tons of options to customize every part of your Facebook posts and feed.
Elementor and Divi Ready
Custom Facebook Feeds has a built in Elementor and Divi block for easy page building. Simply launch your Elementor or Divi builder and find the related Custom Facebook Feed block in the sidebar like any other block.
The feed content is crawlable by search engines adding SEO value to your site, while other Facebook plugins embed the feed using iframes which are not crawlable.
Automatically integrates with many of the popular GDPR cookie consent plugins and includes a 1-click easy GDPR setting.
Responsive and Mobile Optimized
Feed layouts look great on any screen size and in any container width.
Unlimited Feeds from Unlimited Different Facebook Pages
We don’t limit how many feeds you can display on your site. Just use the shortcode to embed as many feeds as you like into pages, posts or widgets anywhere on your site.
Built for Speed
Built-in caching means that your feeds load lightning fast. Set your own caching time – check for new posts every few seconds, minutes, hours or days. You decide.
Like Box Widget and Visual Header
Include the official Facebook Like Box widget at the top or bottom of your Facebook feed and display a beautiful visual header with your Facebook page or Facebook group cover photo, profile picture, bio, and number of likes.
So Much More
Show and hide certain parts of each Facebook post, choose whose posts to show in the feed, customize colors, font sizes and styles, the number of Facebook posts to display, set max text lengths, translate text, custom CSS, and much, much more.
Pro Version (Custom Facebook Feed Pro)
In order to maintain the free version of the Custom Facebook Feed plugin on an ongoing basis, and to provide quick and effective support for free, we offer a Pro version of the plugin. Custom Facebook Feed Pro allows you to display photos, videos, the number of likes, shares, reactions and comments for each Facebook post, choose from multiple layout options, filter Facebook posts by type or #hashtag/string, load more Facebook posts into your feed, and more. Click here for a full list of all differences between the Custom Facebook Feed free and Pro versions.
Benefits of Displaying a Facebook Feed on Your Website
- Increase social engagement between you and your users, customers, or fans
- Save time by using the Custom Facebook Feed to generate dynamic, search engine crawlable content on your website
- Get more likes by displaying your Facebook content directly on your site
- Improve your SEO as all of that quality keyword-rich content from posts and Facebook comments is directly embedded into your website
- Display your Facebook content your way to perfectly match your website’s style
- No Coding Required – choose from tons of built-in customization options to create a truly unique feed of your Facebook content.
- The Custom Facebook Feed plugin is updated regularly with new features, bug-fixes and Facebook API changes
- Support is quick and effective
- We’re dedicated to providing the most customizable, robust and well supported Facebook feed plugin in the world!
How to use the Custom Facebook Feed plugin
Once you’ve installed the plugin there are only a few steps to get up and running:
1) Use the button on the ‘Facebook Feed’ settings page to log into your Facebook account and authorize the plugin.
2) Save the plugin settings and add the
[custom-facebook-feed] shortcode to any page, post, or widget where you want the Facebook feed to be displayed.
That’s it! You can then customize the feed as needed using the settings on the Facebook Feed > Customize page.
For full step-by-step setup directions with screenshots, see here.
Customer support is a huge deal to us. We pride ourselves on always providing quick, effective, and courteous support to all of our users. If you’re having an issue using the Custom Facebook Feed plugin then just let us know and we’ll be there to help as soon as possible. You can either open a ticket on the support forum on WordPress.org, or directly on the Custom Facebook Feed section of our website. We also have a large collection of help documentation and FAQs on our website for all common issues related to the Custom Facebook Feed plugin.
Who’s behind this plugin?
We’re Smash Balloon; a fun-loving WordPress plugin development company birthed into existence in early 2013. We specialize in creating social media plugins that are not only intuitive and simple to use, but also designed to integrate seamlessly into your website and allow you to display your social media content in powerful and unique ways. Over 1 million awesome people have decided to actively use our free plugins, which is an incredible honor that we don’t take lightly. This compels us to try to provide the quickest and most effective customer support that we can, blowing users away with the best customer service they’ve ever experienced.
To find out more about the team, see here.
At Smash Balloon we have two goals:
- Creating and maintaining the most useful, functional, customizable, robust and down-right awesomist Facebook feed plugin your website has ever seen.
- To provide the quickest, friendliest and most mind-blowingly amazing product support you have ever experienced.
- Install the plugin either via the WordPress plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your web server (in the
- Activează modulul din meniul „Module” în WordPress.
- Navigate to the ‘Facebook Feed’ settings page to create and configure your feed.
- Use the shortcode
[custom-facebook-feed feed=1]in your page, post or widget to display your feed.
- You can display multiple feeds of different pages by specifying a feed ID directly in the shortcode:
For a full list of FAQs and help with troubleshooting please visit the FAQ & Troubleshooting section of the Smash Balloon website
Are there any limitations on which Facebook page or Facebook group feeds I can display?
The feed you’re trying to display has to be from a publicly accessible page or group. This means that you can’t display the feed from your own personal Facebook profile. This is to do with Facebook’s privacy policies. You can’t display a non-public Facebook feed publicly.
If your page has any restrictions on it (age, for example) then it means that people have to be signed into Facebook.com in order to view your page. This isn’t desirable for most Facebook pages as it means that it isn’t accessible by people who don’t have a Facebook account and that your Facebook page can’t be crawled and indexed by search engines.
An easy way to determine whether your Facebook page is set to public is to sign out of your Facebook account and try to visit your page. If you are forced you to sign in to view your page then it isn’t public. You can change your Facebook page to public in your settings simply by removing any age or location restrictions you have on it (screenshot), which will then allow the plugin to access and display your feed.
Can I display feeds from multiple Facebook pages?
Yep! Create as many feeds as you like from different pages. Just click „Add New” to create a new feed and then embed it anywhere on your site.
Can I display feeds from a Facebook Group?
Yep! First, authorize the plugin by connecting an account on our settings page and then select your Facebook group. You must be a member and an admin of that group must have installed our app in the Facebook group settings. Directions for this are provided when you authorize the plugin via the settings page.
Can I display the feed from a personal Facebook profile?
If you’re using the profile to represent a business, organization, product, public figure or the like, then we’d advise converting your profile to a page per Facebook’s recommendation, as there are many advantages to using pages over profiles.
Once you’ve done so, the plugin will be able to retrieve and display all of your posts.
Does the plugin work with Facebook oEmbeds?
In version 2.5, support was added to allow the plugin to power your Facebook oEmbeds as official support for these is no longer available in WordPress core. Just connect your account on the oEmbeds settings page inside the plugin and the plugin will power all Facebook embeds on your site, old and new. No developer app or account required.
Can I show photos and videos in my Custom Facebook feed?
This free plugin only allows you to display text from your Facebook posts. To display photos and videos in your feed you would need to upgrade to the Pro version of the plugin. Try out a demo of the Pro version on the Custom Facebook Feed website, and find out more about the Pro version here. Click here for a full list of all differences between the free version and Pro version.
This is a feature of the Pro version of the plugin. To display comments, shares and likes you would need to upgrade from the free version to the Pro version.
Is the content of my feed crawlable by search engines?
It sure is. Unlike other Facebook plugins which use iframes to embed your feed into your page once it’s loaded, our plugin uses PHP to embed your feed content directly into your page. This adds dynamic, search engine crawlable content to your site.
How do I embed the feed directly into a WordPress page template?
You can embed your feed directly into a template file by using the WordPress do_shortcode function:
<?php echo do_shortcode('[custom-facebook-feed]'); ?>.
My Facebook feed posts are not showing up, or all I can see is the Facebook Like box but no posts
Please refer to this FAQ for potential solutions on how to resolve this issue.
Can I display my posts horizontally or in multiple columns?
Please refer to this FAQ for directions on how to display your posts in multiple columns.
My Facebook feed appears to have stopped updating / working
Please note, this isn’t a limitation of our plugin, it’s a restriction which Meta (Facebook) places on it’s content in order to protect the privacy of their users.
You could re-post the Facebook post to your page rather than sharing it to your Facebook page. If you re-post the content as your own post on your Facebook page then the content now originates from your page and will be displayed in the feed on your website.
I’m receiving an error message when trying to display my posts
Please refer to our Error Message Reference page for information on how to resolve common error messages.
Creating a Masonry grid layout from your Facebook posts
Please refer to this FAQ for directions on how to create a Masonry grid layout from your feed posts.
The shortcode options aren’t working
The most common causes of this are:
1) There’s HTML tags within the [custom-facebook-feed] shortcode which are preventing it from working correctly
If you copied and pasted the shortcode into the Visual editor on your WordPress page/post editor then it may have inadvertently included some HTML tags from the page that you copied it from. The easiest way to check this is to view the ‘Text’ view in your WordPress editor and see whether there are any stray HTML tags in the shortcode itself.
2) The shortcode includes curly single quote characters
If your shortcode includes single quotes then check that they are the standard single quotes and not the curly kind.
3) Typo in the shortcode option
Ensure that there aren’t any spelling errors in the shortcode options that you’re using and that the format is consistent with that demonstrated on the Shortcode Options reference page.
Avatar pictures aren’t showing up in my feed
The most common reason for this is that an add-on or extension you have installed in your web browser is blocking the pictures being loaded from Facebook. Try checking to see whether you have any add-ons or extensions installed in your browser and, if so, try disabling them to see whether that solves the problem and displays the pictures from Facebook.
Contributori și dezvoltatori
„Smash Balloon Social Post Feed – Customizable Social Feeds Plugin” este un software open-source. La acest modul au contribuit următoarele persoane.Contributori
„Smash Balloon Social Post Feed – Customizable Social Feeds Plugin” a fost tradus în 6 locale. Mulțumim traducătorilor pentru contribuția lor.
Te interesează dezvoltarea?
- New: Added an onboarding wizard for new users to easily get started with Facebook Feeds.
- Fix: Fixed a PHP 8.x warning (PHP Deprecated: Calling static trait method)
- New: Added a menu item to easily install our new Reviews Feed plugin!
- Tweak: Updated our Gutenberg Block to be more user friendly.
- Fix: Fixed our integration with Cookie Yes to work with recent updates.
- Fix: Feeds with masonry layout selected would still show as a list feed.
- Fix: Fixed incorrect links in the plugin admin area.
- Tweak: Vue.js code is now loaded from a local file shipped with the plugin rather than an external CDN for use with the customizer in the admin area.
- Fix: Fixed a compatibility issue with the Complianz Cookie Consent plugin integration.
- Fix: Added additional plugin hardening.
- Fix: Fixed PHP error that would occur with group feeds when using PHP 8+.
- Fix: An error message will now display if there was a problem connecting an account.
- Fix: The Post Date could not be disabled.
- Tweak: Updated compatibility with the upcoming WordPress 6.0 release.
- Tweak: Made improvements to how notices are displayed on our plugin settings pages.
- Fix: Fixed a PHP error that would occur during some API error reports.
- Tweak: Updated our logo and color scheme throughout the plugin to match our new website.
- Fix: Added links to the issue in our API error helper doc in error messages for easy debugging on our website.
- Fix: Dismissing dashboard notifications would prevent the ability to create new feeds until the page was refreshed.
- Fix: The customizer sidebar would be partially hidden when using JetPack’s Masterbar feature.
- Fix: Added support for oEmbed URL with the structure „https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1234567890&id=1123456789”
- Fix: Settings that only apply to page feeds were also being displayed in the feed customizer for group feeds.
- Fix: Like box position options were not available.
- Fix: For legacy feeds, the shortcode setting „account” was not working.
- Fix: Due to a change in Facebook video link format, oEmbeds would not work for some new versions of Facebook video links.
- Fix: Fixed the setting „Header outside scrollable area” not applying on the front-end of the feed.
- Fix: Fixed incorrect line spacing in the post content.
- Fix: Sharing a link in a post with no post text would result in the link being displayed twice.
- Fix: Tooltips in the settings pages were being cut off in certain circumstances due to a bug with the CSS code.
- Fix: Disabling the „View on Facebook link” option would also disable the share link.
- Fix: Updating from version 2.x to version 4.1 would not transfer legacy sources.
- Fix: Improved plugin hardening by removing unused admin pages.
- Tweak: The Facebook app used to connect groups has changed. If you are using a group feed, then please reconnect your group accounts using the new app when convenient to prevent any future issues. When reconnecting, follow the included directions on how to add the new app to your group settings.
- Tweak: All Facebook data is now encrypted in your WordPress database.
- Tweak: Access Tokens are no longer able to be viewed on the settings page.
- Fix: Manually connecting an account while on the „Settings” page would not work.
- Fix: Fixed a PHP error when a string was used for the cache time setting.
- Fix: Fixed an issue that was causing the „All Feeds” page to be inaccessible to some users.
- Fix: The call-to-action in the Like Box widget would not display properly at certain window widths in some browsers.
- Fix: If a feed name contained an apostrophe then additional slashes were being added each time settings were saved.
- Tweak: An alert bubble is added to the Facebook Feed menu item when there are new notifications available.
- Fix: The call-to-action in the Like Box widget would not display properly at certain window widths in some browsers.
- Fix: If a feed name contained an apostrophe then additional slashes were being added each time settings were saved.
- Tweak: An alert bubble is added to the Facebook Feed menu item when there are new notifications available.
- Fix: Added additional plugin hardening.
- Important: With this update, the Custom CSS and Custom JS settings have been deprecated. Please see below for details.
- Tweak: If any Custom CSS was being used in this field then it will be automatically moved into the native WordPress Customizer „Additional CSS” field instead and continue to work as normal.
- Fix: Fixed a compatibility issue with the Complianz Cookie Consent plugin integration.
- Fix: Removed the limit to the number of sources shown at one time when creating a feed.
- Fix: When using a narrow screen, modals inside the feed creator in the backend would be cut off.
- Fix: Fixed an issue where settings were not preserved even when using the preserve settings option and deleting the plugin.
- Fix: Improved security hardening.
- Fix: Fixed some options and tables not being removed from the WordPress database on uninstall.
- Fix: Locations of feeds sorted by source would not work if the source ID was not a number.
- Fix: Fixed PHP warnings when viewing dashboard notifications.
- Fix: Fixed locale setting causing a PHP warning if not set.
- Important: Minimum supported WordPress version has been raised from 3.0 to 4.1.
- New: Our biggest update ever! We’ve completely redesigned the plugin settings from head to toe to make it easier to create, manage, and customize your Facebook feeds.
- New: All your feeds are now displayed in one place on the „All Feeds” page. This shows a list of any existing (legacy) feeds and any new ones that you create. Note: If you updated from a version prior to v2.19 then you may need to view your feeds on your webpage so that the plugin can locate them and list them here.
- New: Easily edit individual feed settings for new feeds instead of cumbersome shortcode options.
- New: It’s now much easier to create feeds. Just click „Add New”, select your feed type, connect your account, and you’re done!
- New: Brand new feed customizer. We’ve completely redesigned feed customization from the ground up, reorganizing the settings to make them easier to find.
- New: Live Feed Preview. You can now see changes you make to your feeds in real time, right in the settings page. Easily preview them on desktop, tablet, and mobile sizes.
- New: Elementor and WordPress widgets. We’ve added new Elementor and WordPress widgets to make it easier to embed your feeds.
- New: Color Scheme option. It’s now easier than ever to change colors across your feed without needing to adjust individual color settings. Just set a color scheme to effortlessly change colors across your entire feed.
- New: You can now change the number of columns in your feed across desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- New: Easily import and export feed settings to make it simple to move feeds across sites.
- Fix: Fixed an issue with a blank screen sometimes appearing when trying to connect an account
- Tested with WordPress 5.8 update.
- Fix: PHP error „Uncaught Error: array_merge() does not accept unknown named parameters” when visiting the „About” page using PHP 8+.
- Fix: Fixed an issue with GDPR Cookie Consent by Web Toffee integration.
- New: In this update, the plugin will now use a persistent cache to store your group posts. This will help minimize any affects of a Facebook API change on May 25th which will only allow Facebook Groups to retrieve content from the past 90 days. The plugin will store your group posts in the persistent cache so that those posts can continue to be displayed beyond 90 days. This update will also make a one-time request to get the last 100 posts from your group and store those too, so that the affect of this change will be minimal for our users. Please see here for more information.
- Tweak: Updated jQuery methods in preparation for jQuery migrate removal in an upcoming WordPress core update.
- Tweak: Added option to enqueue CSS and JS files only when shortcode is on the page.
- Tweak: Added an reset error log button to the settings page.
- Tweak: Added an option to hide the call-to-action button in the post content.
- Fix: Changed how access tokens are retrieved to prevent conflict with the „Rank Math SEO” plugin when connecting an account.
- Fix: Fixed an error in the Feed Finder tool when removing accounts.
- Fix: Fixed an issue with duplicated records in the feed finder.
- Fix: Fixed „Unknown error” response with API story tag calls.
- New: Improved the error reporting system to make resolving issues easier.
- New: The locations of the Facebook feeds on your site will now be logged and listed on a single page for easier management. After this feature has been active for awhile, a „Feed Finder” link will appear under your connected accounts on the plugin Settings page which allows you to see a list of all feeds on your site along with their locations.
- Tweak: When clearing the plugin cache, the cache in the Litespeed plugin will now also be cleared if being used on the site.
- Fix: Fixed an issue with anonymous avatars not displaying correctly in group feeds.
- Tweak: Updated deprecated jQuery functions to prevent potential issues with newer versions.
- Tweak: Due to an API bug which Facebook hasn’t resolved yet that affects buy/sell posts in groups, we have added a ‘salesposts’ shortcode option which will work around the issue until they fix it. If you are displaying posts from a group and receiving an „API Error 100” notice then adding
salesposts=trueto your shortcode and clearing the plugin cache should resolve the issue.
- Fix: When displaying the feed in multiple columns, clicking the „See more” link in the post text wouldn’t correctly reconfigure the layout.
- Fix: Fixed a layout issue with the posts and Like Box which occurred when using a multi-column layout and applying feed padding.
- Fix: Fixed an issue with the background color not being applied correctly when set to be black.
- Tweak: Now displays a notice to logged-in admins which lets you know if the Like Box or header cover photo is being intentionally hidden due to the GDPR setting.
- Fix: Fixed an error which occurred when deleting the plugin.
- Fix: Fixed an issue with the integration with the Complianz plugin
- Fix: Resolved a PHP warning related to the preg_replace_callback function which was displayed under certain conditions
- Fix: Resolved a PHP deprecation notice related to the strpos function in PHP 7.3
- New: The plugin code has been completely refactored to improve performance and maintainability. If you experience any issues with this update then please open a support ticket here so that we can address it right away. Thank you!
- New: Integrations with popular GDPR cookie consent solutions added: Cookie Notice by dFactory, GDPR Cookie Consent by WebToffee, Cookiebot by Cybot A/S, Complianz by Really Simple Plugins, and Borlabs Cookie by Borlabs. See the GDPR setting in the following location for more information: Facebook Feed > Customize > Misc > GDPR.
- Note: The minimum supported PHP version has been increased to PHP version 5.6. If you are using a lower version then a notice will be displayed with a button to revert back to the previous version.
- Tweak: Added shortcode options for the „Before Date” and „After Date” settings, so that a custom text string can be displayed before and after the Facebook post date.
- Tweak: Minor frontend CSS improvements.
- Tweak: Added support for improved notices on the plugin settings page.
- Fix: Fixed an issue with the Facebook Like Box widget displaying an error if the width was set to a fractional pixel.
- New: Added support for Facebook oEmbeds. When you share a link to a post or video, WordPress automatically converts it into an embedded post for you (an „oEmbed”). However, on October 24, 2020, WordPress is discontinuing support for Facebook oEmbeds and so any existing or new embeds will no longer work. Don’t worry though, we have your back! This update adds support for Facebook oEmbeds and so, after updating, the Custom Facebook Feed plugin will automatically keep your oEmbeds working. It will also power any new oEmbeds you post going forward.
- New: Install our other free social media plugins right from the Custom Facebook Feed settings menu. Use our Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter plugins to add even more social content to your website and help further engage your viewers and increase your followers.
- Fix: Added a workaround for a Facebook API bug which sometimes displays a button in a post with the text „No Button”.
- Fix: Added an additional check when formatting the post text for the share link to prevent potential issues.
- Fix: Fixed a typo in the „restrictedpage” shortcode option.
- Important: Due to upcoming Facebook API changes on September 4, 2020, it will only be possible to display feeds from Facebook pages which you are an admin of. If a PPCA Error notice is displayed above your feed then this change will affect one or more of your feeds. For more information about this change, please see here.
- Tweak: Added the „pagetype” setting to the shortcode when clicking the „Add to another feed” button on the Settings page to ensure it’s set correctly
- Fix: Fixed a minor compatibility issue with the upcoming WordPress 5.5 release
- Fix: Removed the see more/less links from post text when using the email share link.
- Fix: Removed a stray „section” closing tag which was causing a layout issue in some themes and inadvertently displayed the PPCA notice.
- Fix: Disabled the „About Us” page plugin installation if using a version of WordPress earlier than 4.6.
- New: Added a new visual header option which displays the cover photo, avatar, page name, bio, and number of likes from your Facebook page at the top of your feeds. To enable the header, go to Facebook Feed > Customize > General > Header > Header Type > Visual.
- New: To help us improve the plugin we’ve added the ability to opt-in to usage tracking so that we can understand what features and settings are being used, and which features matter to you the most. This is disabled by default and will only be enabled if you explictly choose to opt in. If opted in, the plugin will send a report in the background once per week with your plugin settings and basic information about your website environment. No personal or sensitive data is collected (such as email addresses, Instagram account information, license keys, etc). To enable or disable usage tracking at a later date use the setting at: Instagram Feed > Customize > Advanced > Misc > Enable Usage Tracking. See here for more information.
- New: Added a setting to display a different number of posts on mobile devices vs desktop. While on the configure tab, check the box „Show different number for mobile” to reveal the setting.
- New: Added capability „manage_custom_facebook_feed_options”. Users with this capability can make changes to Facebook Feed settings and view admin only messages.
- New: Added a PHP filter „cff_post_text” to change the post text before outputting it in the feed HTML.
- Fix: Some connection error notices not clearing automatically.
- New: Email alerts for critical feed issues. If there’s an issue with a feed on your website which hasn’t been resolved yet then you’ll receive an email notification to let you know. This is sent once per week until the issue is resolved. These emails can be disabled by using the following setting: Facebook Feed > Customize > Misc > Feed Issue Email Report.
- New: Admin notifications for critical feed issues. If there is an error with a feed, admins will see notices in the dashboard and on the front-end of the site along with instructions on how to resolve the issue. Front-end admin notifications can be disabled by using the following setting: Facebook Feed > Customize > Misc > Disable Admin Error Notice.
- New: Added a WordPress ‘Site Health’ integration. If there is a critical error with your feeds, it will now be flagged in the site health page.
- New: Added „About Us” page for those who would like to learn more about Smash Balloon and our other products. Go to Facebook Feed -> About Us in the dashboard.
- New: Added a „Custom Facebook Feed” Gutenberg block to use in the block editor, allowing you to easily add a feed to posts and pages.
- New: Added support for translations.
- Tested with upcoming WordPress 5.4 update.
- Tweak: Updated Facebook API calls
- Fix: Minor bug fixes
- Tweak: Added a text link in the Facebook Feed settings page footer to our new free YouTube plugin
- Tweak: When reconnecting an account on the settings page, if there’s an issue with the existing Facebook access token then it’ll be automatically replaced.
- Tweak: Added ‘rel=”noopener”‘ to all external links and added ‘rel=”noreferrer”‘ to all non-Facebook links. Thanks to Dev VIP for the suggestion.
- Fix: Fixed an issue with some call-to-action link URLs when a link protocol wasn’t included
- Fix: Fixed duplicate post message displaying due to ellipsis HTML character
- Fix: If a shared link post had no post text then the link title was used causing it to be displayed twice in the post
- Fix: Fixed an issue with post date timezones due to changes in the WordPress 5.3 update
- Tweak: Improved the manual account connection process
- Tweak: Some minor UI tweaks to match the new WordPress 5.3 UI style
- New: Added a backup cache so the feed will still display even if there’s an error from the API.
- New: You can now easily manage multiple page or group accounts on the Facebook Feed plugin settings page allowing you to easily add them to other Facebook feeds on your site. When you connect a Facebook page or Facebook group you will now see it listed in the „Connected Accounts” section. You can add it to the primary Facebook feed or to another Facebook feed by using the new
- Tweak: Added a filter which can be used to filter the Facebook API data when returned;
- Tweak: Updated API error messages
- Fix: Fixed an issue with some @tag links in post text due to a Facebook API change
- Fix: Fixed a rare issue with ellipsis chracter symbols in shared link descriptions causing the entire link description not to be displayed
- Tweak: Added the link source URL below the title for shared link posts
- Fix: Some themes would prevent the „Share” link from working successfully
- New: Added a „Feed Columns” setting to allow you to display your feed in multiple columns. This can be found under the „General” tab on the „Customize” page, or by using the
- New: Updated to use v4.0 of the Facebook API
- New: Facebook Groups are making their long-awaited return to the plugin! Just click the ‘Log in and get my Facebook Access Token’ button on the Facebook Feed Settings page and select ‘Facebook Group’. Follow the prompts to connect your Facebook Group and display your feed.
- Fix: Fixed an issue where a lists of groups or pages wouldn’t be displayed when retrieving an Access Token due to a server configuration issue
- Fix: Photo icons weren’t showing for album posts
- Tweak: Now uses the
visitor_postsendpoint to display visitor post feeds
- New: Added support for v3.3 of the Facebook API.
- Fix: The Access Token selection area was being cut off on small screens when a lot of pages were listed.
- New: You can now select between a „Regular” or „Boxed” post style. Settings for this can be found at:
Facebook Feed > Customize > Style Posts > Post Item. A Box Shadow setting has been added to the „Boxed” Facebook post style.
- New: Added some settings to control the size and color of the shared link URLs and descriptions. These can be found at:
Facebook Feed > Customize > Style Posts > Shared Link Boxes.
- New: Improved the Access Token retrieval process to make it more intuitive.
- Tweak: Avatar images are now circular to match Facebook.
- Tweak: Animated the social media icons when the „Share” button is clicked.
- Tweak: Changed the elements used for icons from
<span>to aid accessibility.
- Tweak: Removed the Google+ share option as the platform has been deprecated.
- Tweak: Removed the social media share widgets from the footer of the admin so that they’re only loaded when the „Share the plugin” button is clicked.
- Fix: The plugin now uses the built-in WordPress HTTP API instead of making it’s own cURL requests to the Facebook API.
- Fix: Fixed an issue where the avatars of people posting to the page weren’t being displayed. Individual Facebook API requests for avatars have now been removed and bundled into the main Facebook API request.
- Fix: If the link to the profile of a visitor posting to your page is not available then remove the link from the avatar and author name.
- Fix: Fixed an accessibility error caused by the share icons being empty links.
- Fix: Removed the use of the ENT_HTML5 constant as it isn’t supported in PHP 5.4.
- Fix: Fixed a rare issue with tags in post stories when the locale was set to be Greek.
- New: Added support for Facebook Notes in timeline feeds. If your timeline feed contains a note then the plugin will now get the content from the note and display it within the Facebook post.
- New: Call-to-action buttons – such as „Learn More”, „Shop Now”, and „Message Facebook Page” – are now supported in your Facebook posts.
- New: Added a setting that you can enable if you are displaying posts from a restricted (non-public) page. This will allow the page avatar to be displayed.
- New: If a Facebook visitor posts to your Facebook page then their avatar will now be displayed and cached for 6 months.
- Tweak: The Timezone setting can now be set in the shortcode. Eg:
- Tweak: Minor UI changes to the admin pages
- Tweak: Reduced some of the data in the System Info
- Fix: If you backdate a post it will now be ordered correctly in your feed
- Fix: Fixed a theme conflict related to the Color Picker in the Facebook Feed admin section
- Verified compatibility with WordPress 5.0 and Gutenburg
- Important: If you are displaying a feed from a page which you are not an admin of then it is advised that you obtain a new Access Token in the plugin using the „Log in and get my Access Token” button. This will switch you from using the „SlickRemix” app to using our own „Smash Balloon” app which was recently approved by Facebook, and will prevent you from experiencing any potential interuptions in your feeds going forward. This will be the final time this is required.
- Tweak: Made some adjustments to the Access Token login process
- New: Now easily get your own Access Token to avoid any connection issues. Simply click the blue „Log in and get my Facebook Access Token” button on the Custom Facebook Feed settings page and connect your Facebook account to get your token. The Facebook Access Token will work to get Facebook posts from ANY Facebook page. Thanks to our friends at SlickRemix for powering our new login and getting the Custom Facebook Feed plugin back up and running again!
- Tweak: Removed the minimum caching time if you’re using your own Page Access Token
- Important: If you are displaying posts from a page that you are an admin of then it is now highly recommended that you retrieve your own Facebook Access Token for that Facebook page to avoid any Facebook API rate limit errors. Simply follow these step-by-step instructions to obtain one.
- Fix: Fixed an issue where API errors were being cached
- Fix: Replaced all HTTP links in the feed with HTTPS
- Fix: Fixed a rare issue which affected the layout of other Facebook widgets
- Fix: Automatically remove slashes at the end of the Page ID as it caused an error
- Fix: The API response test in the System Info now only tests with your token if you have the „Use my own Facebook Access Token” setting enabled
- Fix: Fixed an issue which caused an occasional API rate limit error
- Fix: Removed an unnecessary API call
- Fix: Removed a PHP notice which was displayed under rare circumstances
- Fix: Minor bug fixes
- Fix: Fixed an issue connecting to the API caused by a recent platform change
- Tweak: Increased the minimum caching time to be 15 minutes to reduce API requests
- Important: Due to sudden changes in the API it is no longer possible to display Facebook posts from a Group. Please see here for more information. We apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this has caused.
- Removed: Due to API restrictions, it is no longer possible to display information about an event when it is posted or shared to your Page timeline.
- Fix: Prevented a PHP notice which would be displayed under rare circumstances in the feed
- Fix: Replaced a function due to a deprecation in PHP 7.2
- New: Added the post story as part of the page/author name at the top of the post
- New: Added support for clearing the cache of major caching plugins when the feed cache is cleared.
- Tweak: Improved the text truncation so that it applies to both the post text and description as one block of text and accounts for HTML link tags
- Tweak: Added an „Auto” option to the Post Limit setting where it will automatically adjust the post limit based on the number of posts you choose to display in your feed
- Tweak: Reorganized the settings pages to be more intuitive
- Tweak: Added aria-hidden=true to icons to help improve accessibility
- Tweak: The icon font stylesheet handle has been renamed so it will only be loaded once if another of our social media plugins is installed
- Tweak: Error messages are now only shown to admins
- Tweak: Added a setting to workaround a theme issue that affects the shortening of the post text. If you’re experiencing an issue with the shortening of Facebook post text then you can enable the following setting:
Facebook Feed > Customize > Misc > Misc Settings > Fix Facebook text shortening issue
- Fix: Included a fallback in case the author name and avatar aren’t available in visitor posts
- Fix: Fixed an issue with apostrophes in the feed header not being escaped correctly
- Fix: Fixed an issue with the icons when Font Awesome 5 was added to a site
- Fix: Added support for the @[ID:page-name] tagging format
- Fix: The post description is now able to be displayed even if the post text is hidden
- Compatible with WordPress 4.8
- Tweak: Updated plugin links for new WordPress.org repo
- Fix: Minor bug fixes
- New: If your posts have been created in more than one language on Facebook then it’s now possible to display each language by using the
localesetting in the shortcode. Eg: English:
[custom-facebook-feed locale=en_EN], German:
- Fix: Fixed an issue with the order of group posts in some feeds
- Fix: Fixed a potential security vulnerability
- Tested with upcoming WordPress 4.6 update
- Tweak: Group wall posts are now ordered based on recent activity, rather than by the date they were created, to better reflect the order on the Facebook Group wall.
- Tweak: The „5 hours ago” date text strings can now be translated directly in the shortcode if you’re displaying different feeds in different languages. See the bottom of the Shortcode Options table for more information.
- Tweak: Created some specific setup directions for the free version.
- Fix: Minor bug fixes
- Updated to be compatible with API version 2.6
- New: If a post contains either a photo or video then an icon and link are now added to view it on Facebook. You can disable this by unchecking the „Media Link” option in the following location: Customize > Post Layout > Show/Hide. You can also remove it by using the „exclude” shortcode option: exclude=”medialink”. You can translate or change the text for this link on the „Custom Text / Translate” settings page.
- Tweak: Tested with WordPress 4.5
- Fix: Fixed an issue where the „Share” button in the plugin Like Box wasn’t working correctly
- Fix: Added support for wp-config proxy settings. Credit to @usrlocaldick for the patch.
- New: Added a setting to allow you to use a fixed pixel width for the feed on desktop but switch to a 100% width responsive layout on mobile
- New: You can now click on the name of a setting on the admin pages to reveal the corresponding shortcode for that setting
- New: Added quick links to the top of the Customize settings pages to make it easier to find certain settings
- New: Added a setting to allow you to disable the default plugin text and link styles (Customize > Misc > Disable default styles)
- New: Added a setting which allows you to manually change the request method used to fetch posts which is necessary for some server setups
- Tweak: Updated the Font Awesome icon font to version 4.5
- Tweak: Moved the ‘Show Header’ setting to the ‘General’ tab on the Customize page
- Fix: Hashtag linking now works with all languages and character sets
- Fix: Fixed an error that occurred when trying to activate the Pro version with the free version still activated
- Fix: Fixed a rare error which occurred when the post contained no text and no story
- Fix: Fixed an issue when trying to display posts by only visitors to your page caused by a recent API update
- Fix: If you’re experiencing an issue with your feed not automatically updating successfully then please update the plugin and enable the following setting: Custom Facebook Feed > Customize > Misc > Misc Settings > Force cache to clear on interval. If you set this setting to ‘Yes’ then it should force your plugin cache to clear either every hour, 12 hours, or 24 hours, depending on how often you have the plugin set to check Facebook for new posts.
- Fix: Fixed an issue caused by the recent Facebook API 2.5 update where the posts wouldn’t display when using a brand new Access Token
- Fix: Fixed a positioning issue with the „Like Box / Page Plugin” widget caused by a recent Facebook update which was causing it to overlap on top of other content
- Fix: Hashtags containing Chinese characters are now linked
- Fix: Fixed a minor issue in shared link posts where the post text linked to the shared link URL instead of the post on Facebook
- Tweak: Added a timezone for Sydney, Australia
- Fix: Fixed an issue caused by the WordPress 4.3 update where feeds from very long page IDs wouldn’t update correctly due to the cache not clearing when expired
- Fix: Removed specific encoding parameters from the cURL request method to prevent encoding issues on some servers
- New: Added a couple of new customization options for the Facebook Like Box/Page Plugin which allow you to select a small/slim header for the Like Box and hide the call-to-action button (if available)
- Fix: The plugin now works with Access Tokens which use the new recently-released version 2.4 of the Facebook API
- New: Replace the ‘Like Box’ with the new ‘Page Plugin’ as the Like Box will be deprecated on June 23rd, 2015. Settings can be found under the Misc tab on the plugin’s Customize page.
- Fix: Hashtags which contain foreign characters are now correctly linked to the hashtag on Facebook
- Fix: Links within post descriptions weren’t opening in a new tab
- Fix: Removed empty style tags from some elements
- Fix: The URLs used for the ‘Share’ icons are now encoded to prevent any HTML validation errors
- Fix: Shared posts now link to the new shared post and not to the original post that was shared on Facebook
- Fix: Corrected a minor issue with the plugin caching string
- Fix: Fixed a minor issue with tags in the post text when creating/sharing an event
- Tweak: Add some stricter CSS to some parts of the feed to prevent theme conflicts
- Tweak: Automatically link the event name to the event now rather than it having to be enabled on the plugin’s ‘Typography’ settings page
- Fix: The event description is no longer shown twice in event posts. It was previously shown in the post text itself and in the event details.
- Fix: Fixed a rare bug which would occur if your page or group name contained a number
- Fix: Removed a PHP notice which was missed in the last update. Apologies for the two updates in quick succession.
- Fix: Fixed some stray PHP notices which were inadvertently introduced in a recent update
- Tweak: Added an option to not load the icon font included in the plugin
- New: Added a shortcode option to allow you to offset the number of posts to be shown. Eg: offset=2
- New: Added an email link to the sharing icons
- New: Added a setting to load a local copy of the icon font instead of the CDN version. This can be found at the bottom of the ‘Misc’ settings page.
- Tweak: Added a prefix to the IDs on all posts so that they can now be targeted via CSS
- Tweak: Added „nofollow” to all links by default. This can be disabled by using
nofollow=falsein the shortcode.
- Tweak: Added some missing settings to the System Info section
- Tweak: Added the ‘Timezone’ setting to the main Settings page so that it’s easier to find
- Fix: Added a workaround for changing the event URLs in their API from absolute to relative URLs
- Fix: Facebook removed the ‘relevant_count’ parameter from their API so added a workaround to get the number of photos attached to a post
- Fix: Fixed a minor bug in the WP_Http fallback method
- Fix: Removed duplicate IDs on the share icons and replaced with classes
- Fix: Added a check to the file_get_contents data retrieval method to check whether the Open SSL wrapper is enabled
- Fix: The
eventtitlelinkshortcode option now works correctly
- Fix: Added a workaround for ‘story_tags’ which Facebook deprecated from their API
- Happy New Year!
- New: Added a share link which allows you to share posts to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or LinkedIn. This can be disabled at the very bottom of the Typography tab, or by using
showsharelink=falsein the [custom-facebook-feed] shortcode.
- Tweak: Using your own Access Token in the plugin is still optional but is now recommended in order to protect yourself against future Access Token related issues
- Tweak: Increased the accuracy of the character count when links are included in the text
- Tweak: Improved the efficiency of the post caching
- Tweak: Replaced the rel attribute with the HTML5 data attribute when storing data on an element
- Tweak: Added HTTPS stream wrapper check to the System Info to aid in troubleshooting
- Tweak: Updated the plugin’s icon font to the latest version
- Tweak: Added the Smash Balloon logo to the credit link which can be optionally displayed at the bottom of your feed. The setting for this is at the bottom of the Misc tab on the Customize page.
- Tweak: Added a shortcode option to only show the Smash Balloon credit link on certain feeds:
- Fix: Fixed an issue with quotes being escaped in custom/translated text
- Fix: Display an error message if WPHTTP function isn’t working correctly
- Fix: The
postbgcolorshortcode option is now working correctly
- New: Added a text area to the Support tab which contains all of the plugin settings and site info for easier troubleshooting
- New: You can now set the number of posts to ‘0’ if you just want to show the Like box widget and no posts
- Tweak: If the user doesn’t add a unit to the width, height or padding then automatically add ‘px’
- Tweak: Added social media sharing links to the bottom of the settings page and an option to add a credit link to the bottom of the feed
- Fix: Fixed an issue with hashtags not being linked when followed immediately by punctuation
- Fix: When displaying a shared link if the caption is the same as the link URL then don’t display it
- Fix: Added a space before the feed header’s style attribute to remove HTML validation error
- Fix: Prefixed the ‘top’ and ‘bottom’ classes used on the Like box to prevent CSS conflicts
- Fix: Fixed an issue with the link color not being applied to hashtag links
- Fix: Fixed an issue with the Access Token used in the plugin hitting its request limit
- Fix: Added in a missing closing div tag to the Facebook feed when an error is being displayed
- Fix: Fixed an issue with the date not being hidden when unchecked in the Show/Hide section
- Fix: Fixed an issue with the date not being displayed below event posts when the date position was set to ‘At the bottom of the post’
- New: Added an option to preserve/save your plugin options after uninstalling the plugin. This makes manually updating the plugin much easier.
- New: Added a ‘Settings’ link to the plugin on the Plugins page
- New: Added a field to the Misc settings page which allows users to enter their Facebook App ID in order to remove a couple of browser console warnings caused by the Facebook Like box widget
- Tweak: Reduced the size of the author’s Facebook profile picture from 50px to 40px to match Facebook
- Tweak: The link description text is now 12px in size by default
- Tweak: Added some default character limits to the post text and descriptions
- Tweak: If the post author is being hidden then change the default date position to be the bottom of the post
- Fix: The post author link is no longer the full width of the post and is only wrapped around the author image and name which helps prevent inadvertently clicking on the post author
- Fix: Added a fb-root element to the Like box to prevent a browser console warning
- Fix: Renamed the ShowError function to prevent conflicts
- Fix: Fixed an issue with the ‘seconds’ custom text string not being saved correctly
- Fix: When linking the post text to the Facebook post the correct text color is now applied
- Tweak: Improved error handling and added an Error Message reference to the website
- New: Added an option to display the post date immediately below the author name – as it is on Facebook. This is now the default date position.
- New: Added options to add a background color and rounded corners to your posts
- New: If your Facebook event has an end date then it will now be displayed after the start date
- New: Hashtags in the post descriptions are now also linked
- New: Tested and approved for the upcoming WordPress 4.0 release
- Tweak: Moved the ‘View on Facebook’ link to the left side
- Tweak: Added error handling to improve user experience
- Tweak: If the Facebook API can’t be reached by the plugin for some reason then it no longer caches the empty response and instead keeps trying to retrieve the posts from Facebook until it is successful
- Fix: Removed some redundant inline CSS used on the posts
- Fix: If there is a token in the ‘Access Token’ field but the ‘Enter my own Access Token’ box is unchecked then the plugin will no longer use it
- Fix: Added the trim() function to the ‘Test connection to Facebook API’ function to improve reliability
- New: Hashtags in link, photo and video descriptions are now also linked
- Fix: Fixed an issue with hashtags being linked when the post text is also linked, which interfered with the text formatting
- Fix: Removed a couple of stray PHP notices
- Fix: Fixed an occasional issue with hashtags in inline CSS inadvertently being linked
- New: Hashtags in your posts are now linked to the hashtag search on Facebook. This can be disabled in the ‘Post Text’ section on the Typography settings page.
- New: Added a Facebook icon to the Custom Facebook Feed admin menu
- Fix: Corrected the left side margin on the „Like” box so that it aligns correctly with posts
- Tweak: The Access Token field is now hidden by default and is revealed by a checkbox
- Fix: Fixed an issue with link colors not being applied to all links
- Fix: Removed the link box container from posts which contain non-youtube/vimeo links
- Fix: Links which don’t contain a ‘http://’ protocol are now linked correctly
- Fix: Fixed an issue with a generic function name which was occasionally causing an error
- Tweak: Added an HTML wrapper element around the feed
- New: Added an option to set a height on the Like box. This allows you to display more faces of your fans if you have that option selected.
- Tweak: Added a few stricter CSS styles to help minimize the chance of theme stylesheets distorting post formatting
- Tweak: Added a span to the header text to allow CSS to be applied
- Fix: Fixed a bug with the post author text bumping down below the author image in the Firefox browser
- Fix: Corrected a bug which caused some links not to have the color applied
- Fix: Fixed a float issue in Firefox which sometimes caused the feed to be pushed off the page
- New: Added background and border styling options to shared links
- Tweak: Reduced the clickable area of the post author
- Tweak: Added a ‘Customize’ tab to the Settings page
- Fix: Fixed an issue with post tag linking not working correctly in some languages
- Fix: Fixed an issue with line breaks not being respected in IE8
- Fix: Added title and alt attributes to the post author’s Facebook profile picture
- Fix: Improved the reliability of the post tag linking
- Fix: Fixed an issue with HTML characters not rendering correctly when linking the post text
- Fix: Improved the reliability of the CSS clearing method used on the feed container
- Compatible with WordPress 3.9
- Fix: Fixed an issue with the ‘textlink’ shortcode option
- Fix: Fixed an bug with post text sometimes being duplicated when linked
- Fix: Removed error_reporting(0);
- New: Added the ability to change the text size and color of the post author
- New: Define the format, size and color of shared link titles
- New: You can now define the color of the links in your post text, descriptions and Facebook events
- Tweak: Moved the Feed Header options to the Typography page
- Tweak: Moved the Ajax setting to the Misc page
- Tweak: Now removes any query strings attached to the Facebook Page ID
- Fix: Fixed an issue with some themes causing the clear element to prevent links being clickable
- Fix: Some minor bug fixes
- New: Now supports Facebook tags – creates links when using the @ symbol to tag other people or Facebook pages in your posts
- Tweak: Changed the method used for link replacement in posts
- Fix: Fixed issue with php include
- New: Added an ‘exclude’ shortcode option to allow you to easily exclude specific parts of the post
- New: Timeline events are now cached to help reduce page load time
- Fix: Reset the timezone after the shortcode has run
- Fix: Fixed an issue with the shared link descriptions not being hidden when specified
- Fix: Fixed a rare issue with the ‘textlink’ shortcode option
- Fix: Use a fallback JSON string if unable to find the cached version in the database
- New: Added a built-in color picker
- New: Added class to posts based on the author to allow for independent styling
- Tweak: Now automatically set the Facebook post limit based on the number of Facebook posts to be displayed
- Tweak: Core improvements to the way Facebook posts are output
- Tweak: Changed ‘Layout & Style’ page name to ‘Customize’
- Tweak: Moved the Support information to a tab on the Settings page
- Tweak: Improved the ‘Test connection to Facebook API’ function
- Fix: Encode Facebook URLs so that they pass HTML validation
- Fix: Fixed an issue with Facebook post captions not displaying under some circumstances
- Fix: More robust method for stripping the URL when a user enters Facebook page URL instead of their Facebook Page ID
- Tweak: Moved the ‘Show post author’ option from the General settings tab to the Post Layout tab
- Tweak: Added the ability to show or hide the author to the ‘include’ shortcode option
- Fix: Added CSS box-sizing property to feed header so that padding doesn’t increase its width
- Fix: Fixed showheader=false and headeroutside=false shortcode options
- Fix: Now allows users to enter their Facebook page URL as their Facebook Page ID
- New: Added ability to add a customizable header to your feed
- New: Added a ‘Custom Text / Translate’ tab to house all customizable text
- New: You can now choose to show posts only by other people on your Facebook page
- New: Set your timezone so that dates/times are displayed in your local time
- New: When a Facebook post contains a link to multiple images it now states the number of photos after the post text and links to the Facebook album
- Tweak: Plugin now detects whether the page is using SSL and pulls https resources
- Tweak: Added a button to test the connection to Facebook’s API for easier troubleshooting
- Fix: Now using HTML encoding to parse any raw HTML tags in the Facebook post text or descriptions
- Fix: Added a protocol to the beginning of links which don’t include one
- Fix: Fixed date width issue in IE7
- Fix: Removed stray PHP notices
- Fix: Added a space between the Like Box attributes
- Fix: Fixed a CSS bug in Firefox which was causing the page author name to bump down below the avatar
- Tweak: Moved ‘View on Facebook’ link up to be level with the date rather than on the line below it
- Fix: Don’t show the caption when it is the same as the Facebook post text
- New: Added option to remove border from the Facebook Like box when showing faces
- New: Set Facebook „Like” box text color to either blue or white
- Tweak: Moved descripion below video or link title and added link source
- Tweak: Added ability to manually translate the ‘2 weeks ago’ text
- Tweak: Replaced ‘View Link’ with ‘View on Facebook’ so that shared links now link to the Facebook post
- Tweak: Facebook „Like” box is now responsive
- Tweak: Displays Facebook post caption if no description is available
- Tweak: Vertically center multi-line author names rather than bumping them down below the Facebook profile picture
- Tweak: Checks whether the Access Token is inputted in the correct format
- Fix: Fixed bug in the ‘Show posts on my page by others’ option
- Fix: If displaying a Facebook group then automatically hides the Facebook „Like” box
- Fix: ‘others=false’ shortcode option now working correctly
- Fix: Strip any white space characters from beginning or end of Access Token and Facebook Page ID
- Fix: Fixed a bug in 1.6.7 which was causing an issue displaying the Facebook feed in some circumstances
- New: Your Facebook feed can now be completely displayed in any language – added i18n support for date translation
- Tweak: Improved documentation within the plugin
- Tweak: Changed order of methods used to retrieve Facebook feed data
- New: Added support for Facebook group events
- Fix: Resolved jQuery UI draggable bug which was causing issues with drag and drop
- New: Now works with Facebook groups
- Fix: Fixed an issue with the ‘Show posts by others’ option not working correctly in the previous version
- New: Added localization support. Full support for various languages coming soon
- New: Added CSS classes to different Facebook post types to allow for different styling based on post type
- New: Option to link statuses to either the status post itself or the directly to the Facebook page/timeline
- New: Added option to add thumbnail faces of fans to the Facebook Like box and define a width
- Tweak: Added separate classes to ‘View on Facebook’ and ‘View Link’ links so that they can be targeted with CSS
- Tweak: Prefixed every CSS class to prevent styling conflicts with theme stylesheets. Please note that if you used custom CSS to style parts of the feed that the CSS classes are now prefixed with ‘cff-‘ to prevent theme conflicts. Eg. ‘.more’ is now ‘.cff-more’.
- New: Added support for Facebook ‘Offers’
- Fix: Fixed an issue with the ‘others’ shortcode option not working correctly
- Fix: Prefixed the ‘clear’ class to prevent conflicts
- New: Post caching now temporarily stores your Facebook post data in your WordPress database to allow for super quick load times
- New: Define your own caching time. Check for new Facebook posts every few seconds, minutes, hours or days. You decide.
- New: Define your own custom text for the ‘See More’ and ‘See Less’ buttons
- New: Add your own CSS class to your Custom Facebook Feeds
- New: Define a Facebook post limit which is higher or lower than the default 25
- New: Include the Facebook Like box inside or outside of the Facebook feed’s container
- New: Customize the Facebook event date independently
- New: Improved layout of admin pages for easier navigation and customization
- Fix: Provided a fix for the Facebook API duplicate post bug
- Fix: Fixed bug which ocurred when multiple Facebook feeds are displayed on the same page with different text lengths defined
- New: Added a ‘See More’ link to expand any text which is longer than the character limit defined
- New: Choose to show Facebook posts by other people in your feed
- New: Option to show the post author’s Facebook profile picture and name above each post
- New: Added options to customize and format the Facebook post date
- New: Add your own text before and after the date and in place of the ‘View on Facebook’ and ‘View Link’ text links
- New: Specify the format of the Facebook Event date
- Tweak: Default date format is less specific and better mimics Facebook’s – credit Mark Bebbington
- Tweak: Changed the layout of the Typography section to allow for the additional options
- Fix: When a Facebook photo album is shared it now links to the album itself on Facebook and not just the cover photo
- Fix: Fixed issue with hyperlinks in post text which don’t have a space before them not being converted to links
- Minor fixes
- Tweak: Added links to statuses which link to the Facebook page
- Tweak: Added classes to Facebook event date, location and description to allow custom styling
- Tweak: Removed ‘Where’ and ‘When’ text from Facebook events and made bold instead
- Fix: Fixed ‘num’ option in shortcode
- New: Added more shortcode options
- Minor tweaks
- New: Add your own custom CSS to allow for even deeper customization
- New: Optionally link your post text to the Facebook post
- New: Optionally link your event title to the Facebook event page
- Some minor modifications
- Fix: Set all parts of the Facebook feed to display by default on activation
- Major Update!
- New: Loads of new customization options for your Custom Facebook Feed
- New: Define Facebook feed width, height, padding and background color
- New: Change the font-size, font-weight and color of the Facebook post text, description, date, links and event details
- New: Choose whether to show or hide certain parts of the Facebook posts
- New: Select whether the Facebook Like box is shown at the top of bottom of the Facebook feed
- New: Choose Facebook Like box background color
- Minor modifications
- New: Shared Facebook events now display event details (name, location, date/time, description) directly in the Facebook feed
- New: Email addresses within the Facebook post text are now hyperlinked
- Fix: Links beginning with ‘www’ are now also hyperlinked
- New: Added support for Facebook events – display the Facebook event details (name, location, date/time, description) directly in the Facebook feed
- Fix: Links within the Facebook post text are now hyperlinked
- Tweak: Added additional methods for retrieving Facebook feed data
- Fix: Now using the built-in WordPress HTTP API to get retrieve the Facebook data
- Fix: Fixed issue with certain Facebook statuses not displaying correctly
- Tweak: If ‘Number of Posts to show’ is not set then default to 10 Facebook posts
- Fix: Now using cURL instead of file_get_contents to prevent issues with php.ini configuration on some web servers
- Fix: Fixed bug in specifying the number of Facebook posts to display
- Tweak: Prevented likes and comments by the page author showing up in the Facebook feed
- Tweak: Added help link to Custom Facebook Feed settings page
- Fix: Added clear fix
- Fix: Minor bug fixes
- New: Added the ability to define a maximum length for both the Facebook post text and description