Build a glossary on your site, and link terms in your posts to it.
Reasons for using wp-glossary plugin:
- External glossary sites don’t have all the words and terms you need.
- You want to keep your visitors on your site (not send them to an external glossary site).
- You don’t want the adverts that the external site popups come with.
Keep your visitors on your site, keep their experience consistent and pleasant using your theme.
Once activated you add glossary terms (custom post type) and link to those terms from inside your own content using the powerful WordPress shortcode functionality.
The WordPress shortcode syntax is really simple!
Display and link to glossary with slug ‘seo’
[glossary slug=’seo’ /]
Auto search word for matching glossary term (e.g. ‘seo’)
Apply glossary term with slug ‘seo’ to post content ‘search engine optimisation’
[glossary slug=’seo’]search engine optimisation[/glossary]
Display a list of all your glossary terms (alphabetical)
Display list of glossary terms beginning with a, b or c
[glossary_term_list alpha=’a,b,c’ /]
Display a jQuery-powered A to Z list of your glossary terms
See the dedicated website section
Either install through admin panel (this is the eaiest way), or:
- Unzip the archive
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
If you create your own single template for glossary terms, don’t forget to remove the reference filter.
- Does this plugin create any new tables?
No. It uses custom post types and taxonomies.
- Can I link it to an external glossary
Yes. As of version 1.2 you can add a reference title and link.
- None of the details pages are working!
Please resave your rewrite rules: Settings > Permalinks > Save Changes (just click the button)
- It doesn’t do anything?
- Further Information
Contributori și dezvoltatori
„WP Glossary” este un software open-source. La acest modul au contribuit următoarele persoane.Contributori
- UPD Tweak qtip invocation (thanks luckyfella73)
- NEW Slovak translation (thank you I J Kleban)
- UPD Added usage title filter
- FIX save_post param check
- FIX i18n (props @otto42)
- NEW Option ‘qtiptrigger’ hover/click
- UPD Updated to qTip 2.1.1
- UPD Tidied admin
- FIX Options menu
- NEW Now using qTip2
- NEW Tooltips AJAX powered
- NEW Support for private terms
- NEW Support for overriding options with shortcode atts for list and atoz
- FIX Handle nested shortcode terms
- UPD Minor markup updates