This plugin adds a simple performant cookie consent notice to your WordPress site that supports AMP, Web Stories, granular cookie control and live preview customization.
The cookie notice content and appearance can easily be tweaked using the Customizer, with an immediate live-preview of what your changes will look like.
Last but not least, another important thing that this plugin takes care of, other than most other cookie consent plugins, is that it actually ensures cookies are only placed if the respective cookie type has been allowed by the visitor. The plugin does this by implementing cookie rules for WordPress itself, and also for the following plugins:
More plugins will be supported in the future. If you are a developer though, it’s also very easy to add cookie rules for other code, by using the flexible cookie rule component the plugin provides as an extension point.
- Lightweight and easy-to-use: Simply activate the plugin, and the notice will appear.
- Live Preview: Use the Customizer to adjust the notice to your needs, with an instant live preview.
- Customizable Appearance: Specify the notice position, colors, border, button size and more.
- Cookie Integrations: Supported cookies are only set once the visitor has given their consent. The cookie rules implemented also respect the more granular cookie control.
- AMP Support: The notice is fully AMP-compatible using
<amp-consent>, integrating seamlessly with the AMP plugin. It integrates with Web Stories as well.
- Coding Best Practices: The plugin is fully object-oriented and is coded after best practices, such as using interfaces, traits, dependency injection or the single responsibility principle. It also implements modern coding features requiring PHP 7, such as scalar type hints or return type hints.
This plugin does not provide any legal protection. You as a site administrator are required to ensure that it meets legal standards. This plugin is a technical tool, not a lawyer.
- Upload the entire
wp-gdpr-cookie-noticefolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory or download it through the WordPress backend.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Where are the plugin settings?
Since the settings of the plugin are mostly of visual nature, the plugin does not have any settings page, but uses exclusively the Customizer. You can easily reach the plugin’s Customizer panel either by using the link in the Settings menu or the link in the plugin’s row on the Plugins screen.
Which filters are available?
You can use the following filters:
wp_gdpr_cookie_notice_max_content_width: Filters the maximum width of the cookie notice content. By default, the
$content_widthglobal is used to determine this value, with a fallback of ‘640px’ if none is defined.
wp_gdpr_cookie_notice_heading_level: Filters the heading level to use for the cookie notice heading. Default is ‘h2’.
Where should I submit my support request?
For regular support requests, please use the wordpress.org support forums. If you have a technical issue with the plugin where you already have more insight on how to fix it, you can also open an issue on Github instead.
How can I contribute to the plugin?
If you have some ideas to improve the plugin or to solve a bug, feel free to raise an issue or submit a pull request in the Github repository for the plugin. Please stick to the contributing guidelines.
You can also contribute to the plugin by translating it. Simply visit translate.wordpress.org to get started.
Contributori și dezvoltatori
„WP GDPR Cookie Notice” este un software open-source. La acest modul au contribuit următoarele persoane.Contributori
„WP GDPR Cookie Notice” a fost tradus în 1 locală. Mulțumim traducătorilor pentru contribuția lor.
Tradu „WP GDPR Cookie Notice” în limba ta.
Te interesează dezvoltarea?
Răsfoiește codul, vezi depozitarul SVN, sau abonează-te la jurnalul de dezvoltare prin RSS.
- Introduce filter
wp_gdpr_cookie_notice_amp_use_submission_endpointto allow disabling usage of the form submission endpoint for cookie consent preferences in AMP.
- Add support for cookie notice to show up in Web Stories.
- Add integration for blocking AdSense tags via Site Kit by Google and improve the existing Analytics integration as well, relying on Site Kit’s tag blocking API.
- Add support for cookie notice to show up in AMP legacy theme / reader mode.
- Fix bug where accepting the cookie notice on the WordPress login screen was not working when the AMP plugin is active.
- Remove usage of
!importantin cookie notice CSS since it is bad practice and can get flagged by AMP.
- Update default settings so that the integrations are opt-in, i.e. disabled by default.
- Fix bug where the AMP version of the cookie notice form was unexpectedly used in Customizer previews.
- Add cookie integration support for the Site Kit by Google plugin.
- Introduce filter
wp_gdpr_cookie_notice_amp_use_endpointto allow disabling usage of the
checkConsentHrefendpoint relevant for
amp-consent. Props claudiulodro.
- Fix bug with deprecated
amp-consentattribute. Props claudiulodro.
- Support current Lighthouse user agent so that the consent is skipped for it.
- Fix incompatibility with PWA plugin, previously causing the service worker to be broken.
- Initial beta release.