Remove HTTP is a plugin that automatically scans and removes both
No changes to the links are made in the database. Simply install and activate the plugin and the changes will be immediate. Links that have
https:// will only have
//, making them protocol relative URLs. Below is a before and after example.
Switch to Relative URLs
There is an option (under the General settings) to change internal links to relative URLs.
Contribute on GitHub
Want to help improve this plugin? Head over to our GitHub page.
- Upload the plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress.
- Let it settle in for a minute and be amazed.
- What is mixed content?
According to Google:
Mixed content occurs when initial HTML is loaded over a secure HTTPS connection, but other resources (such as images, videos, stylesheets, scripts) are loaded over an insecure HTTP connection. This is called mixed content because both HTTP and HTTPS content are being loaded to display the same page, and the initial request was secure over HTTPS. Modern browsers display warnings about this type of content to indicate to the user that this page contains insecure resources.
- How can I make my website fully SSL (on https://)?
You can actually remove the dependency of this plugin by following these step-by-step instructions below:
It’s slightly technical because you’ll need to connect to your website’s host file through an FTP (such as FileZilla). After that, all of your links will be pointing towards your new HTTPS protocol.
Contributori și dezvoltatori
„Remove HTTP: Fix Mixed Content Warning” este un software open-source. La acest modul au contribuit următoarele persoane.Contributori
Te interesează dezvoltarea?
- Protocol is only removed on frontend #11
- Fix: Settings not showing under Site Address (URL)
- Fix: Settings icon is enlarged on Plugin page #9
- Added support for relative domain paths
- Restored option to ignore external links
- Feature: Switch between protocol-relative or relative URLs
rel="canonical"because they must be absolute URLs
- Fix: Links in „style” tags weren’t affected