You’ve got the culinary expertise and a recipe library full of deliciousness. Now partner with Chicory to make your content work harder for you! Chicory takes your content and transforms it into an actionable, sales-driving tool that helps your readers make more of your recipes.
We’ve partnered with thousands of food publishers to integrate Chicory technology into millions of recipes, reaching more than 80 million consumers a month. Members of our network range from major publications like Food and Wine to niche cooking blogs.
Engage Your Readers with Recipe Activation
Monetize with Chicory Premium
Chicory Premium in-recipe ad units provide in-stream ingredient and recipe sponsorship at scale. And these campaigns earn our publishers money.
Say you’re writing a post about Spinach Artichoke Dip, which calls for yogurt. If a dairy company runs a campaign targeting yogurt buyers, then an ad unit will dynamically appear within your recipe card, where it calls for “yogurt!” You’ll earn for every impression.
Getting started with Chicory is as easy as:
1. Filling out our Chicory Recipe Partner form.
2. Installing and activating our WordPress plugin.
After signing up to become an official Chicory Recipe Partner, you’ll receive access to a Chicory publisher dashboard. With this dashboard, you’ll be able to see Chicory impressions, earnings, your eCPM and control your ad preferences. You’ll also be able to give us the email address that you use on your PayPal account so we can send you your earnings!
Visit us at chicory.co to learn more.
For our technology to function properly, we require that your recipe content be marked up and formatted according to schema.org’s guidelines.
Recipe formatting uses rich HTML markup in order to structure your content in a way that search engines can better designate as „recipe content.” Using tags like or mean that your content can be tagged as a recipe by search engines. Then, your recipes will be displayed in more engaging ways in a variety of contexts, which has been proven to increase conversions to your site. Examples include Google rich snippets and Rich Pins on Pinterest. Plus, this best practice is standard for site health, similar to adding alt tags to your images or „no-follows” to sponsored links.
With this markup, Chicory can also better parse your recipes and match items to products in-store. By tagging something as an with a proper , we can make the most efficient and accurate matches possible.
Since your site is hosted by WordPress, you can download recipe plugins, such as WordPress Recipe Maker. These plugins will handle all of the markup and formatting when you use their platform to create your recipe content.
If you would rather not install a plugin on your site, you can use a tool like RecipeSEO to write your recipe content or you can reference Schema.org Recipe to mark up recipes on your own in your HTML editor. Schema.org gives guidelines on how to implement this structure to your site.
Our team is always available to answer all of your Chicory-related questions. Email email@example.com for support.
Follow these steps to install the plugin in your WordPress website:
chicory-recipe-ingredientsfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory or Unzip and upload it to your WordPress website’s wp-content/plugins folder via FTP.
Go to admin panel and activate plugin from „Plugins” page.
Contributori și dezvoltatori
„Chicory Recipe Activation” este un software open-source. La acest modul au contribuit următoarele persoane.Contributori
- Verified compatability with WordPress 5.8.2
- Verified compatability with WordPress 5.5
- Verified compatability with WordPress 5.2
- Updated documentation and tested flag to reflect compatibility with WordPress 5.1.1
- Updated documentation and tested flag to reflect compatibility with WordPress 5.0
- Updated documentation
- Updated readme with latest supported version of WordPress
- Updated plugin photos
- Updated plugin description
- Updated plugin configuration
- Removed Chicory button location options from admin
- Compatibility updates for WordPress 4.9
- Compatibility updates for WordPress 4.8
- Compatibility updates for WordPress 4.7
- Adding async=”true” to Chicory script
- Compatibility updates for WordPress 4.6
- Added new button placement option – „Lower Right Corner of Recipe”
- Compatibility updates for WordPress 4.5
- Bug fix for warnings during installation
- Adding support for HTTPS
- Updating description, FAQ, and icon image
Moving button placement logic to external system
Restricting button to singular pages only
Converted to PHP 5.2 compatible syntax
Added wordpress, php, and plugin version tracking
Using older PHP 4 constant definition syntax
Showing warning in settings page when PHP version is too old or required extensions are missing
- Defaulting button location to bottom of post when PHP extensions libxml, dom, or mbstring are missing.
- Added a default for the location setting.
- Updated button location settings.
- Resolve bugs of not displaying content and images on blog and index page.
Remove chicory button from front page and other pages.
Chicory button only display on single post.
Remove Top Of Recipe Setting.
Add Below Ziplist Setting.
Add Below EasyRecipe Setting.
- First version.